Thursday 22 January 2009

I Love Vintage!

So today, I meant to get a lot more done than I actually accomplished, however, what I did get finished was oh so worthwhile!
I do believe this is my favourite bookplate thus far.
Modified from a magazine advertisement from 1932, the latest little bookplate looks like a vintage illustration much like those botanical prints of days gone by.
However, the amazing thing about this one is that it is actually modified from a colour photograph!
The colour photographs for print advertising were so bad in those days, reworking it in Photoshop has made it look great!
Now I didn't alter the pixels from the original at all - just removed the background and adjusted the colour a bit.
The results are making me cheer!
It isn't yet listed on Etsy, but will be soon.

I am posting it here - click on it to enlarge it and let me know what you think. Thanks!

All the best!
Maggie

4 comments:

natalie jo said...

Maggie these bookplates are beautiful!

Oh how I can't wait for spring...it's always such a thrill when the hyacinths and tulips first bloom. I'm amazed the image originated as a photograph. I'd have never guessed. Can't wait to see more of your work. Well done!

Fondly,
natalie jo

Anonymous said...

Great job! Your new bookplate is very sweet. Don't you just love Photoshop?

Anonymous said...

You are obviously a very talented lady Maggie. The bookplate looks very professional and the subject matter is perfect.(Spring can't come soon enough). Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

really pretty maggie! i need to learn photoshop, so many great things you can do! hope you are well :)