Thursday, 22 January 2009

I Love Vintage!

So today, I meant to get a lot more done than I actually accomplished, however, what I did get finished was oh so worthwhile!
I do believe this is my favourite bookplate thus far.
Modified from a magazine advertisement from 1932, the latest little bookplate looks like a vintage illustration much like those botanical prints of days gone by.
However, the amazing thing about this one is that it is actually modified from a colour photograph!
The colour photographs for print advertising were so bad in those days, reworking it in Photoshop has made it look great!
Now I didn't alter the pixels from the original at all - just removed the background and adjusted the colour a bit.
The results are making me cheer!
It isn't yet listed on Etsy, but will be soon.

I am posting it here - click on it to enlarge it and let me know what you think. Thanks!

All the best!
Maggie

4 comments:

natalie jo said...

Maggie these bookplates are beautiful!

Oh how I can't wait for spring...it's always such a thrill when the hyacinths and tulips first bloom. I'm amazed the image originated as a photograph. I'd have never guessed. Can't wait to see more of your work. Well done!

Fondly,
natalie jo

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Great job! Your new bookplate is very sweet. Don't you just love Photoshop?

flutterbypatch said...

You are obviously a very talented lady Maggie. The bookplate looks very professional and the subject matter is perfect.(Spring can't come soon enough). Keep up the good work.

paperhill said...

really pretty maggie! i need to learn photoshop, so many great things you can do! hope you are well :)