Friday 26 June 2009

Tell Someone You Love

My eldest sister is seriously ill from a stroke and is in hospital as I type this.

I am thousands of miles from her and all I can do for her right now is pray for a miracle.
Although I would love to be with her right now, even if I was there, there is little I could do for her or even for her family.

But oh, how I wish I had been able to be with her and other sisters and family members when they visited in Florida this past Easter. That would have meant so much to her then, and to me, now. Why did I not find the resources to be with her then?

So my message is clear: Don't wait; go see that person you love.
Visit an elderly relative who longs for company, yet, no one seems to have time to visit.
Call a dear friend you haven't spoken with in ages.
And most importantly, tell someone you love how much he or she means to you.
Tell her why she means so much and how much she has influenced you all of your life.
Tell him the difference he has made in your life.

And don't forget to tell anyone you love that you love them.

7 comments:

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Maggie- I just read your post. Sending love and healing prayers to your sister right-way and will continue to do so. Love, Sunny

Gemheaven said...

Maggie thinking of you ♥

LiLi M. said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I think you are so right. But often we see this too late. Thinking of you and your family.

Lesnes said...

I understand completely how you feel and my thoughts and prayers are with her - and you... Andrina

natalie jo said...

Quite a difficult post for you I imagine but I thank you for sharing your message....wise words to always rememver. My heart is full of prayers and well wishes for you and your family. Love, natalie jo

Anonymous said...

Peg ,
I am so sorry I remember watching Betty get married.I'll send positive energy her way.Don't beat yourself up for not being there ,you are exactly where you should be right now
Love Karen

Flutterby Patch said...

Thinking of you Maggie at this difficult time.