Tuesday 25 January 2011

Just some conversation . . .

Introducing, Squares - the baby and his loving parents, Joe and Elizabeth

Today I saw my neighbour working busily away in his garden and it made me smile to think of spring not being far off.
We did have one lovely day last week - the sun was shining and spring was in the air with mild temps and the tiny tops of daffodils peeking through the ground in the front garden.
With spring comes changes in our lives - everything fresh, new and exciting.
And so it is true with me, too.

About a month or two ago I began a new job. Although it is temporary, I am hopeful that my work will be good enough to provide them with reasons why they might keep me if funding becomes available.
Baby Michael
As I have been busy with that, and with a holiday visit to New York to see Michael (otherwise known as, 'Squares, the baby' ala Gavin and Stacey fame) the poor struggling blog has again been ignored!

Add to that my impossible lack of creativity lately and writer's block and you can see where I am headed with this.

So I have decided to write about some people who are not faced with the same creative 'blocks'
and bring you their stories. Soon, I will be featuring some craftspeople and their work in this space along with anecdotes of my own life as my husband and I begin 2011 with hope of a better year.

Happy New Year to you all! Here is to fresh starts and new journeys - especially that of new little Michael, who I am happy to introduce here . . .


xxx
Maggie

PS - If you are interested in being featured here, please send me an email and we'll chat.

3 comments:

Rose&Bird said...

Hi Maggie

Gorgeous little baby and I love the peapod outfit x

natalie jo said...

Oh dear Maggie I have been away from here for all too long. Congratulations on the new job and more so on that sweet baby boy! And that peapod outfit, why it's almost as adorable as he is!

All my best,
natalie jo

Beaky said...

Love the pea outfit!! Made me smile.

I have also been noticing signs of spring and am so excited. I spotted the first daffs just peeking out of the ground yesterday.
B x