Saturday 20 December 2008

Happy Christmas!

Tick-tock, tick-tock, time is running out . . . is everything ready at your house?
Oh no, not here!
No matter how many things I have on my to-do list, there never seems enough time to get them all finished.
So I was still mailing out Christmas cards today and finishing wrapping some gifts, and shopping - a huge shop - for groceries for the week.
And there is still baking to get done, and even a bit of sewing to do before the big day.
Let the countdown begin!
Tomorrow I will prepare batter for Christmas cookies and let it rest for a day in the refrigerator.
I will sew up some small things, and finish the last of my gift wrapping, and any printing that needs finishing.
Monday I will bake and bring some items to the post office. Should that be considered the 'hail Mary' leap of faith that they will make it to their destination in only two days?
Tuesday I will bake and clean.
And Wednesday, I will rest and enjoy before heading out to meet some friends for some Christmas Cheer.
It is rush, rush, rush, for me and every year I pledge not to have the same again the next year, and every year I break my pledge.
But it is the excitement and creativity in the 'doing' that makes Christmas so enjoyable, and the love that goes into the doing, makes it all worthwhile.
Happy Christmas to you all and may all your New Year's dreams come true.

2 comments:

Lesnes said...

For all my good intentions Maggie - I empathise completely! I feel that I am so behind... I am like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland saying "I'm late, I'm late..."

Have a wonderful christmas - Love XXX

Unknown said...

all so true maggie! i spent the day baking cookies today, wrapping and thankfully there are a few more days to get things done!